Evart Free Methodist Church has been serving the Evart community for over 100 years. It was originally located on South Main St. in a building which is still in use as The Masonic Lodge. The Church is now located at 6151 95th Avenue, next to the Evart High School and across from Osceola County 4H FFA Fair Grounds. This gives us a front row seat for the annual 4th of July fireworks, just one of the many opportunities we use for meeting in fellowship. We hold Christian fellowship in the highest regard and are pleased with the love, warmth and genuine friendliness embodied in our Church. We also have regular potluck dinners and other events promoting everyone getting to know each other and share in good family fun and worship.
There was Free Methodist activity in the Evart area from the early 1880's. However, it wasn't until 1907 that a Free Methodist Society was organized in Evart. In July 1908 the construction of a church building was begun. It was dedicated on December 13, 1908.
The congregation felt the need for larger facilities in 1977 and property was purchased for our current location on 95th. Avenue. Early in 1987 construction began on the present building and it was dedicated October 11, 1987 by Bishop David M. Foster. Since then a new Fellowship Hall has been constructed and the nursery and some Sunday School rooms have been remodeled.